Lheidli T'enneh Memorial Park
Arts, Culture, Concerts, and Festivals
Celebrate Canada Day in Prince George! Wear red & white on Canada’s 153rd birthday and visit festivities held at two City parks:
Canada Day event activities from 11:00am to 7:00pm at Lheidli T’enneh Memorial Park:
- Watch live entertainment and cultural diverse entertainers at the Kiwanis Bandshell Bowl.
- Participate in the Canada Day drumming celebration starting at 11:00am in front of the Bandshell stage. Register at canadadaydrumming.com
- Opening ceremonies start at 12 noon.
- Experience a taste of dishes from around the world at the international food fair and stop by the craft fair near the Bandshell in the Park.
- Bring the family to try a variety of crafts and activities at the kids’ activity centre located at the Lheidli T’enneh Memorial Park Pavilion.
Canada Day event activities at Canada Games Plaza:
- Finish off the night by viewing the CANFOR Canada Day fireworks starting at 11:00pm at Canada Games Plaza downtown. Watch bursts of bright colour rise from the top of Connaught Hill.
- Please note, Connaught Hill will be closed on July 1 to prepare for the theatrical fireworks. Connaught Hill will reopen at 12 noon until 9:00pm on July 2.
Transportation to Lheidli T'enneh Memorial Park and Canada Games Plaza
To celebrate Canada Day, the City of Prince George and BC Transit are pleased to offer $1 fares on all routes on Wednesday, July 1, making it easier for everyone to skip the hassle of parking and avoid the busy holiday traffic.
Customers are encouraged to use route 46 Queensway as they travel to celebrate.
Plan your trip.