Public Consultations and Information Sessions
We need your input!
Help improve your community and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Attend a session in-person or complete an online survey to provide your priorities for how the City can help fight climate change by reducing local greenhouse gas emissions.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Choose your top three priority actions for the City to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The topics we’ll discuss include transportation, renewable energy, buildings, food & waste, and land use. View more info about the topics: http://princegeorge.ca/environment
- Submit your own ideas for local actions the City can take to fight climate change.
- Learn more about climate change and how it’s impacting Prince George (attend a presentation or ask an expert).
Here are some ways you can provide input, share ideas, and learn more:
- Attend one of three sessions:
a) Wednesday, June 12 from 11:00am to 8:00pm at the second floor of the Prince George Public Library (Bob Harkins branch) downtown. Drop-by anytime between 11:00pm to 8:00pm or hear a presentation at 12:15pm, 4:30pm, and 7:00pm.
b) Saturday, June 22 from 8:30am to 2:00pm at the Prince George Farmers Market located at the corner of Quebec Street and 3rd Avenue downtown.
c) Thursday July 11 from noon to 8:00pm at Lheidli T’enneh Memorial Park Pavilion. Not sure where to go? Look between the playground and spray park.
- Can’t attend in-person or want to provide more input?
Fill out a survey to provide input on a number of priority actions to fight climate change.
Submit your response by July 31: http://princegeorge.ca/environment
Your input will help improve our community and inform and shape Prince George’s updated Climate Change Mitigation Plan – a community-wide strategy to help the City prioritize local actions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and fight climate change. The Climate Change Mitigation Plan will be developed and presented to City Council for approval.
Learn more at http://princegeorge.ca/environment