Public Consultations and Information Sessions
Prince George City Council approved a motion to seek voter assent - a Referendum - to borrow the funding necessary to replace the aging Four Seasons Leisure Pool and Fire Hall #1. As the Referendum General Voting Day (October 28) approaches, there are several important dates and information sessions.
Public information opportunities:
• Monday, October 16, 2017, 11:30am to 1:30pm, at the College of New Caledonia (CNC) in the atrium.
• Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 12:30pm to 3:00pm, in the Canfor Winter Garden at the University of Northern BC (UNBC). The mayor and city manager will give a short presentation starting at 12:30pm.
• Wednesday, October 18, 2017, 4:30pm to 8:00pm, at the Four Seasons Leisure Pool (775 Dominion Street).
• Saturday, October 21, 2017, 10:00am to 5:00pm, in the centre court at Pine Centre Mall (3055 Massey Drive).
Here are some other ways you can learn more:
- View one or two "Digital Town Halls."
These events occured in September and have been recorded for those who could not attend. City officials were on-hand to answer questions from the media and public.
Digital Town Halls: Referendum 2017
• View recording: Fire Hall #1
• View recording: Four Seasons Leisure Pool
- Follow the City of Prince George (CityofPG) on social media or visit the City’s website at princegeorge.ca/Referendum
- Request a presentation about the Referendum 2017. Hear about the current state of Fire Hall #1 and the Four Seasons Leisure Pool, learn about what’s proposed and why, and ask questions. Submit a request online.
The referendum has been scheduled for October 28, 2017. Advance poll opportunities are also available. View details on when and where residents can vote.